The objective of the CIT minor is to satisfy the needs of the intelligent and responsible application of computing and information technologies to majors in fields which would not have Computer Science or Computing Engineering as their fundamental and exclusive basic orientation, but would want to benefit from the products of applications of the latter two disciplines and their proper use. The minor provides a conceptual foundation as well a practical application of various Computing and Information Technology skills.
Students must have a 2.5 GPA or higher.
To apply for a minor, please:
- Visit your Wings Express account.
- Choose the Student and Financial Aid tab.
- Choose Registration and Records.
- Under the Registration and Records menu choice is Major/Minor Change request.
- CS 1160 or CS 1180 Computer Programming I (4 credit hours)
- CS 2160 Visual Basic Programming (3 credit hours)
- CEG 2400 Introduction to PC Networking (3 credit hours)
- CS 3700 Introduction to Oracle/SQL Databases (3 credit hours)
Any two CS or CEG Courses
Students must attain an average GPA of 2.0 for all courses in the minor.
If Course is Closed
- Fill out the Registration Activity Form. (Registration Activity Form can be found on the RaiderConnect Forms page)
- Obtain an approval signature from the Professor of the course.
- Return to the Computer Science and Engineering Department to get the Department Approval Stamp.
- Finally, take the form to the Registrar, located in RaiderConnect in the Student Union.
If Course is Not Closed and You are a Pre-Major or Non-Major
- Fill out the Department of Computer Science and Engineering Request for Registration.
- Turn into the Computer Science and Engineering Department.
- The processing of your registration form will take 24-48 hours, in which you will be able to register online using Wings Express. You will ONLY be contacted if there is a problem.