Success from results.
Whether you are a company or organization looking to train a group of people or an individual looking to update your abilities, Wright State Professional Development has knowledgeable faculty that works with you to develop training and opportunities that address your current needs. This collaboration lets us offer you an assortment of innovative, high-value programs and services in professional development, emerging markets, leadership, information technology, advanced manufacturing, online learning and more.
This is customized training that gets results, delivered across multiple platforms to maximize the efficiency of your workforce. With experienced instructors that are dedicated to producing significant and last in results, the Office of Professional Development becomes a vital component of your success, and the success of the Dayton region.
Executive Leadership for Lean Six SigmaLocation: WSUDuration: 8 hoursCost: $479Executive Management, lead your organization to Peak Performance through Lean Six Sigma. Learn the “What” and “How” of Lean Six Sigma and the roadmap to a successful Lean Six Sigma transformation. Discover the two critical factors and 14 pre-suppositions of Lean Six Sigma leadership. Create strategies, priorities, action plans and the culture for Lean Six Sigma success.Drive productivity, efficiency and profitability at every level of your organization by leading the strategic transformation to a Lean Six Sigma quality culture. Learn the benefits of a customer-focused quality strategy.Course Outline - One day course
Upcoming dates:Register Contact us
- The Focus on Quality and the Customer
- The Historical Basis for Lean Six Sigma
- What is Lean?
- The 8 Wastes and Waste Elimination
- Flow Improvement
- Lean Goals
- Lean Tools
- What is Six Sigma?
- Elimination of Defects and Variation
- DFSS (Design for Six Sigma)
- DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control)
- Six Sigma Project Teams
- Organizational Structure and Roles
- Two Critical Organizational Factors
- 14 Lean Six Sigma Leadership Presuppositions
- Two Distinct Paradigms of Leadership
- What is a Lean Six Sigma Culture?
- How does Executive Leadership Create a Lean Six Sigma Culture?
- The Breakthrough Performance Model
- A&P (Assessment & Prioritization) Process
- The A&P Scorecard
- Strategies and Action Plans for a Lean Six Sigma Transformation
When WhereWednesday, December 2, 20158:30 a.m. -4:30 p.m. A230 Creative Arts
Lean Six Sigma Black BeltLocation: WSUDuration: 5 daysCost: $3,995Course Description:The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt course covers the knowledge needed to lead a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt process improvement project team or work with a Champion Team in identifying opportunities for improvement within an organization. The course includes pre-work and in-class and post-class learning of the Six Sigma Body of Knowledge.Attendees will learn:Instructors take students through a Lean Six Sigma process improvement project utilizing the DMAIC roadmap, concepts and tools needed to lead successful black belt projects.Topics include:
Included in this class:
- The Six Sigma Business Management methodology and the role of a Black Belt project leader
- Working within an organizational structure to help guide Six Sigma Champions in improvement opportunity identi-fication and project selection
- Leading the Six Sigma process improvement team through the DMAIC methodology, tools, and concepts
- Planning and leading a Six Sigma pilot implementation and how to sustain the improvements over time
- The basic LEAN (Learn, Examine, Amend, Note) principles
- Team dynamics and situational leadership
- Project management principles
- Advanced Return on Investment analysis methods
- Statistical Analysis Tools
Students must identify a real-world project which they will work on during the course to apply the concepts of Six Sigma.
- Project Pre-work Package
- In Class Project Application, Out of Class Project Homework
- Certification Exam on last day of class
- All class training materials, including the Indiana Quality Council CSSBB Primer which is widely considered as the best body of knowledge about Six Sigma that includes Project Management.
- Mentoring sessions within 6 months of the last day of class