Success from results.
Whether you are a company or organization looking to train a group of people or an individual looking to update your abilities, Wright State Professional Development has knowledgeable faculty that works with you to develop training and opportunities that address your current needs. This collaboration lets us offer you an assortment of innovative, high-value programs and services in professional development, emerging markets, leadership, information technology, advanced manufacturing, online learning and more.
This is customized training that gets results, delivered across multiple platforms to maximize the efficiency of your workforce. With experienced instructors that are dedicated to producing significant and last in results, the Office of Professional Development becomes a vital component of your success, and the success of the Dayton region.
Executive Leadership for Lean Six SigmaLocation: WSUDuration: 8 hoursCost: $479Executive Management, lead your organization to Peak Performance through Lean Six Sigma. Learn the “What” and “How” of Lean Six Sigma and the roadmap to a successful Lean Six Sigma transformation. Discover the two critical factors and 14 pre-suppositions of Lean Six Sigma leadership. Create strategies, priorities, action plans and the culture for Lean Six Sigma success.Drive productivity, efficiency and profitability at every level of your organization by leading the strategic transformation to a Lean Six Sigma quality culture. Learn the benefits of a customer-focused quality strategy.Course Outline - One day course
- The Focus on Quality and the Customer
- The Historical Basis for Lean Six Sigma
- What is Lean?
- The 8 Wastes and Waste Elimination
- Flow Improvement
- Lean Goals
- Lean Tools
- What is Six Sigma?
- Elimination of Defects and Variation
- DFSS (Design for Six Sigma)
- DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control)
- Six Sigma Project Teams
- Organizational Structure and Roles
- Two Critical Organizational Factors
- 14 Lean Six Sigma Leadership Presuppositions
- Two Distinct Paradigms of Leadership
- What is a Lean Six Sigma Culture?
- How does Executive Leadership Create a Lean Six Sigma Culture?
- The Breakthrough Performance Model
- A&P (Assessment & Prioritization) Process
- The A&P Scorecard
- Strategies and Action Plans for a Lean Six Sigma Transformation
Lean Six Sigma Black BeltLocation: WSUDuration: 5 daysCost: $3,995Course Description:The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt course covers the knowledge needed to lead a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt process improvement project team or work with a Champion Team in identifying opportunities for improvement within an organization. The course includes pre-work and in-class and post-class learning of the Six Sigma Body of Knowledge.Attendees will learn:Instructors take students through a Lean Six Sigma process improvement project utilizing the DMAIC roadmap, concepts and tools needed to lead successful black belt projects.Topics include:
Included in this class:
- The Six Sigma Business Management methodology and the role of a Black Belt project leader
- Working within an organizational structure to help guide Six Sigma Champions in improvement opportunity identi-fication and project selection
- Leading the Six Sigma process improvement team through the DMAIC methodology, tools, and concepts
- Planning and leading a Six Sigma pilot implementation and how to sustain the improvements over time
- The basic LEAN (Learn, Examine, Amend, Note) principles
- Team dynamics and situational leadership
- Project management principles
- Advanced Return on Investment analysis methods
- Statistical Analysis Tools
Students must identify a real-world project which they will work on during the course to apply the concepts of Six Sigma.
- Project Pre-work Package
- In Class Project Application, Out of Class Project Homework
- Certification Exam on last day of class
- All class training materials, including the Indiana Quality Council CSSBB Primer which is widely considered as the best body of knowledge about Six Sigma that includes Project Management.
- Mentoring sessions within 6 months of the last day of class
Lean Six Sigma Green BeltLocation: WSUDuration: 8 hoursCost: $2,795Course Description:The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt is a course covering the knowledge needed to participate as a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt on a process improvement project team or to lead a Green Belt process improvement project.The blended learning environment will incorporate in-class and self-directed learning as well as project work.Attendees will learn:Students receive an introduction to the Lean Six Sigma Business Management methodology and the role of a Green Beltproject team member and Green Belt level project leader. This course works through a Lean Six Sigma process improvement project utilizing the DMAIC roadmap, concepts, and tools needed to participate in and lead Green Belt projects.Topics include:
Included in this class:Certification Exam (on last day of class)All class training materials, including the Indiana Quality Council book, widely considered the best body of knowledge for Six Sigma.Mentoring sessions within 6 months of the last day of classStudents must identify a real-world project for class. This project concept is what students will work on during the course to apply the concepts of Six Sigma. The span of control of the concept should be in your area of responsibility in which you have intimate knowledge.Upcoming dates:Register Contact us
- DMAIC Process -Descriptive Stats
- Project Discussions -Control Charts
- Project Management and Implementation
- Project Definition and Charter
- Discrete and Continuous Probability Distributions
- What the Customer Wants (Voice of the Customer)
- Quality Function Deployment and Process Map
- Introduction to Hypotheses Testing & Confidence Intervals
- Introduction to DOE and ANOVA
When WhereMonday, May 2, 2016 to Wednesday, May 4, 20169:00 a.m.—5:00 p.m Rike Hall 157
Lean Six Sigma White BeltLocation: WSUDuration: 4 hoursCost: $25Individuals will learn what Lean Six Sigma is, how it was developed, and the tools it uses to streamline and improve both manufacturing and service industries.The skills learned will enable students to understand how Lean Six Sigma can improve quality and reduce cost while improving customer satisfaction.Organizations will learn how Lean Six Sigma fits into their quality programs, how customers are retained, and how costs are driven down using Lean Six Sigma methodologies.*Students will receive their White Belt CertificationAttendees will learn:
- Introduction to Quality and Quality Management
- Overview of Quality History
- Introduction to Quality Initiatives
- Lean Six Sigma Methodologies
- Introduction to Lean
- The What and How of Lean
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- The What and How of Six Sigma
- Overview of DMAIC & DFSS
- The Lean Six Sigma Organization
- Introduction to the Six Sigma Project Team Structure
- Overview of Positions, Roles and Responsibilities
- Overview of the Key Elements to Implementing Lean Six Sigma within an Organization
- Overview of Opportunity Identification