"I was only a sophomore when I started this position, I hadn’t gone through many major-specific courses yet to apply to my work, my internship with KitchenAid has taught me more than I could learn in a classroom.
The College of Engineering and Computer Science offers academic and career advising to help you build an academic plan individual to your goals and career aspirations and then transition from graduation into the workforce. Take advantage of the academic and career advising available to you to make sure you are on track for graduation and that you are prepared for life after graduation.
Academic Advisors and Resources
The CECS Student Success Center offers academic and co-curricular support services to ensure the success of all CECS students throughout their journeys at Wright State.
Academic advisors are available to all students to help plan their program of study and answers questions. We encourage you to meet with your advisor at least once a year to ensure you are on schedule for graduation. Your advisor can also answer questions about procedures and processes or academic problems.
Navigating the path to your ideal career can seem complicated. The Brandeberry Career Development Center provides expert guidance for you—from incoming freshmen to alumni. With resume help, mock interviews, networking events, and internships, students can pick and choose the help they need. We'll prepare students like you for tomorrow’s workforce through experiential learning, then help you transition into a professional career upon graduation. We find mutually beneficial internships that enhance your access to employers in the region and collaborate with faculty and staff to help prepare you for the transition from the classroom to the workforce.
Not sure where to start?
- Set up a meeting with a career consultant.
- The Office of Career Services offers resources for help in applying for internships, preparing for interviews, and more.
- We encourage first- and second-year students to take EGR 1900: Exploring Engineering Internships to learn about work ethics, job-seeking skills, career development resources, and industry insights.
- Build your best resume, cover letter, and portfolio.
- Search for internship opportunities in the CECS internship and career newsletter, the Wright State University Career Services job postings, or schedule an appointment to find an internship.
- Are you an employer? Post a job, build your brand on campus, read other employer success stories, view the Corporate Partners Program, and more.
Student Internship Success Stories
Ohio Means Jobs