Consider this minor if you are working on a degree in one of the engineering or science areas. It will give you an overview of computer science that you can use to enhance your work.
You will have a basic introduction to computer science and data structures. After which you will explore operating systems, software engineering, and database management systems. To graduate with this minor you will need to have an average GPA of 2.0 for all the minor courses.
- CS 1180 Computer Programming I (4 credit hours) or CS 1161 Intro to Computer Programming II (4 credit hours)
- CS 1181 Computer Programming II (4 credit hours)
- CS 3100 Data Structures and Algorithms (4 credit hours)
- CEG 2350 OS Concepts and Usage (4 credit hours)
- CEG 3310 Computer Organization (4 credit hours)
- MTH 2570 Discrete Math for Computing (3 credit hours) or CS 2200 Discrete Structures and their Algorithms (4 credit hours)
Current Wright State Students
Submit Major/Minor Change Request form online in WINGS Express. (Select the "Registration and Records" menu and then the "Major/Minor Change Request" option.)
You must have a 2.5 GPA or higher to be accepted.